Saturday, September 29, 2007

La Salle Brickfields


Kinrara Oval‏
From: Venugopal Kaikulath (venu1005@hotmail.com)
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 10:10:21 PM
To: peter_sinniah@yahoo.com
Dear Peter,
Noises from this end after a long silence. As your sole class 69 rep in India, I've got to let you know that I'm still alive! As you know, all Indians are cricket crazy (I'am an exception). However, I just could not avoid reading in the papers that India played at Kinrara Oval recently. I said to myself, hey Muruga, isn't it where I stayed? Eight of my most impressionable years were spent in Kinrara Estate in Petaling, Puchong. Can you, Peter, when you get some time, tell me what has come of the estate now? Do they still tap rubber trees there? I understand the nearby Bukit Jalil estate of yore has also become a stadium. Keep me posted. Who knows, Sachin (whose fan I am) may have blasted his sixes standing on the very spot where our ranch style house used to be. There also used to be a huge tin mining establishment in front of our estate, with a huge dredge and all that. The famous British Military Hospital was at the side of Kinrara Estate.
My love to your family.
Venu
From: Peter Sinniah
To: Shashi Kapoor
Subject: Re: New comment on All Ye La Sallians
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 01:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
Venu,>>
am not really as materialistic as you think I am.
Having lost a brother when he was 20 (remember Raymond John) and having come close to death the year after his death, I leave my fate in the hands of God. I could have become more than what I am but tend to also float along struggling to maintain a family of 3 kids and a wife. The only luxury I have is my French Citroen car (second hand) and have not had the luck to buy a house yet. We should explore what we could do together in the our golden ages. Send me some pictures of you, your family, the palce you stay etc.
Take care
Peter
Re: New comment on All Ye La Sallians‏
From: Shashi Kapoor (smk.co@hotmail.com)
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:25:26 PM
To: peter_sinniah@yahoo.com
Dear Peter,
How prompt you are. My blog id is: http://www.kaikulath.blogspot.com/.
I have written a lot of carp in it, but at least it can help you to decipher the kind of nut I am! I can make out that you are a pragmatist and would therefore measure success in terms of material gains. But I have no use for anything material. I have for ages been keeping away from wherever there is a show of material power - like marriages, parties etc. Rather than 'doing' as an indication of how alive we are, I am into 'undoing' to regain my original heritage - freedom. Ah... spiritual mumbo jumbo, I can hear you say. Maybe so, because finally the words we use to express ourselves are itself so limited. In spite of what I am, if you think you can still have some 'return' from a relationship with me, do continue to write sometimes. Otherwise, we again evaporate into the mists of memory.
Love,Venu

From: Peter Sinniah
To: Venu
Subject: Re: New comment on All Ye La Sallians
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 04:53:55 -0700 (PDT)
venu,
my apologies and i am thankful u wrote me cos i lost ur e-mail address....
i have lost my password for the blog so need sometime before i post your item
whats your blog url
best regards
peter
Dear Peter,
We had communicated via e-mail some years back and suddenly the communication came to a dead end. You said at that time you had some financial difficulties and I could understand that we needed to have a break. Now again I communicate through this blogsphere. Since we last communicated I have become more of a recluse. So sometimes I stay back in the office after work and then I have a cave all to myself (eerie with not a soul in the whole huge building and all quiet). I suppose on such nights I shall be able to blog and communicate with you and all the good folks whom I had the honour to study with and be taught by.
If you get on to my blog, you might get to know my mind and how crazy I have become since I left La Salle in 69 and Malaysia in 70. May God bless you, Peter, for your labour of love in keeping the memories of class of 69 as a beacon light for the rest of us to reflect on some of the most gorgeous moments in our life.
Love,
Venu

No comments: